Monday, December 10, 2007

Britney’s five-finger gas-station discount



If a hard-to-hear, sarcastic comment to paparazzi outside a Los Angeles-area Chevron gas station is correct, then Britney Spears stole a cigarette lighter on her way back to her car. Spears seemed to say, “I stole something. Oh, I'm bad!” in video captured by paparazzi, and the owner of the gas station told People magazine that he doesn’t approve of Spears’ personal festival of light.

“Yes, Britney stole a blue lighter here last night. The lighter is $1.39. I'm hoping maybe the next time she comes back she will pay for it. I know she can afford to pay for it, but I'm not planning to file a police report. It's still not right for her to steal the lighter. I hope she will do the right thing the next time she comes here,” Chevron owner Jatinder Kaur said. Since Spears seems to frequent gas stations more than the average person, there’s hope she arrive with some change next time around.

No comments: